Material characterization as a service
Reliable and robust material datasheets are the prerequisite for robust and successful simulations of real products and processes.
With our in depth knowledge and cutting-edge measurement resources we are able to characterize your material and provide the information that you need.
We focus on the characterization of ferrous and non ferrous metals and alloys and are able to provide comprehensive datasets for every application.
Measurement & Material Test Equipment
- Universal testing machine
- Residual stress gauge
- Preparation of specimens (polishing, Barker-etching etc.)
- Light optical measurements (LOM)
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- X-Ray diffraction (XRD)
- X-Ray spectroscopy (EDX)
- High-Precision 3D Metrology (GOM: 3 x Aramis, Argus, Atos, Pontos, Tritop)
- Conventional sheet metal test machine
- 3D-Coordinate measurement machine
- High velocity tensile test
- 10 MN extrusion press, SMS Eumuco, blocksize: 100/140 * 300 mm
- 2.5 MN extrusion press, Collin, blocksize: 65 x 175 mm
- Cooling by air and / or water
- Pyrometer, velocimeter, laser triangulation
- FEM-Simulation (HyperXtrude, Deform, Simufact)
- Metallography (LOM, SEM, XRD, EDX)
- Hardness tester
- 3D-Digitizing (GOM)